SUBMIT A MANUSCRIPT
PLEASE NOTE that CLF is not accepting any manuscripts (until further notice) at the moment for publication due to budget constraints. We can however assist you with services to publish your manuscript yourself. Send the full manuscript in word to email@example.com for a quotation. Please indicate self-publication in subject line or message.
CLF will consider submissions in the following categories:
- Non-fiction (beliefs/teachings; Christian lifestyle; inspirational; marriage; outreach/evangelism; parenting; pastoral care; prayer; social issues; spiritual growth; Bible study).
- Children’s books
- General fiction
Send your manuscript in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Although sending a hard-copy version of your manuscript is optional, submissions sent via email are preferable. (Hard-copy submissions could get lost in the post, and it is easier for us to keep track of emailed submissions.)
- Please do not send submissions on CDs or USB flash drives.
- Manuscripts must be typed. We do not accept handwritten submissions.
- Please make sure that manuscripts do not have printing functionality disabled; if watermarks are included, please ensure that the text behind the watermark is legible; and, most importantly, files need to be sent in Microsoft Word formats (we will not accept files saved in WordPad or sent via links to a website). Please do not paste or type your submission in the body of an email.
- We do not accept manuscripts via fax.
Synopsis of the plot
(If your work is non-fiction the same would apply.) Please make sure the synopsis is not more than 1 page long. We will not be able to review your manuscript without a synopsis.
Short author biography.
CLF is looking to publish books that will work within the South African trade book market. Originality, high writing standard and market appeal are therefore essential.
CLF will not usually consider the following submissions:
- Short stories
- Scripts for plays, television or film
The manuscript will be evaluated according to a set of publisher criteria. Please allow one to two months for the evaluation.
Should your manuscript be successful to be published as a CLF or Barnabas publication. CLF will enter into a contract with the author. It becomes a CLF publication for which CLF is entirely responsible.
Should your manuscript be received favourably but for some reason cannot be published as a CLF publication, CLF can assist the author to self-publish under the Barnabas Publisher logo. This means that the author is responsible for all costs that might be incurred in the finalisation of the manuscript (as set out in a formal quote) after which the author receives the full print run.
Please note that CLF is under no obligation to do any marketing for the publication for self-publications. CLF also has no say or say to get any books into any bookshops – it is their prerogative if they want to stock titles or not.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- have 1.5 or double spacing
- use a serif font like Times New Roman or Century, size 12
- have page numbers
- use paragraphing
- are not written completely in CAPS.
- Manuscripts sent via email should preferably be submitted as an attached Microsoft Word document.